Last updated: July 27, 2019
Chat To A Potato (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Chat To A Potato website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) may include, but is not limited to:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
Security and Confidentiality
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information that you have submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security and confidentiality of your personal information, please feel free to contact us.
Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. All the User information maintained on our logs is secured through encryption. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Encryption. We also institute physical security measures to protect private and confidential personal information by preventing unauthorized access. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We disclaim all responsibility for information lost, corrupted or misused as a result of an interception of our security systems. We shall also not be responsible for information lost or corrupted in transit over the internet.
We will also not be responsible for information shared with third party sites via our site. Please read their respective Privacy Policies and Terms of Service agreements before you submit any personally identifiable information to them.
GDPR Data Request form
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
- administering our website and business;
- personalizing our website for you;
- enabling your use of the services available on our website;
- supplying services purchased through our website;
- sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keeping our website secure and prevent fraud;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service); and
- other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Google AdSense & DoubleClick Cookie
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena.
You must be 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your province, territory or country, to purchase our product or to receive any of the free version services we provide. Individuals who are under the age of 18, or the applicable age of majority, may utilize our product and our services but only with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.